Tuesday, August 28, 2007

my superbad post.

By now everyone with a brain has seen this amazing movie. I can proudly say I have actually went three times and it keeps getting better to me. But there is a problem. One of the last scenes and most memorable is when Evan and Seth end up at Evan's parents house after the party was broken up by the cops. Snuggled up in their respective sleeping bags next to each other they begin to proclaim their love for one another. The climax to the scene is when Seth "boops" Evan on the cheek. I found this to be really funny. Here lies the problem. Everytime I start getting drunk I feel the need to "boop" people. It started with my friends, girlfriend, and eventually graduated into booping random people. I know it's obscenely rude and will most likely end with me getting smacked or worse but I can't stop. It's just way too funny. My good friend Nathaniel and I went on a booping rampage the other night and the reactions were priceless. He booped a group of 5 people that we did not know as they entered the bar. I dont believe they had seen the movie and were left with most confused look on their faces. I laughed so hard vodka poured out of my nose.

So today I got two phone calls from people that know first hand of my booping problem and they both informed me that they saw people booping this weekend. This also made me laugh, but I kinda felt empty as if my rude trailblazing acts were un-original. Maybe this news will cure my urge to boop everything in sight, being the hipster that I am I would never be part of a trend after it hits the mainstream (see Hipster Olympics). I hope Apatow and gang know what they have started. BOOP!

2 comments:

Bunyan71 said...

I don't think its normal for people to run around doing that to strangers. Male to female and vice-versa is probably easier to accept in most cases but its not right either way. Don't Boop! me.

Mark "DOUGHBOY" Hicks said...

whats up Fisher...man i went to go see superbad sunday and that shit was sold out!!...hit me sir, i have something for ya...peace